Department of Agricultural Engineering established in the year 2014, offers 4 years B.E - Agriculture engineering programme with an intake of 60 students. It has strong academic background with highly qualified faculties from reputed institutions in various field of Agriculture Engineering. The Department focuses its strategy on synergizing multi-disciplinary education in agriculture engineering such as Farm machinery & Bio-energy, Agriculture processing, Soil and Water conservation and strengthening problem-specific research relevant to the state and help building innovative extension systems for sustainable management of natural resources, sustainable agricultural production and overall improvement of rural livelihoods. Field level training has been given for the students in the fully mechanized Mahendra model farm of 50 acres.
To make agriculture sustainable, profitable and competitive enterprise through engineering interventions of farm mechanization, value addition and energy management in production and post-harvest operations.
To develop and introduce need-based and region-specific engineering technologies to achieve sustainable enhanced productivity and profitability of different farming systems.
- Fully qualified faculties from NIT, TNAU and Anna University
- Fully mechanized Mahendra model farm of 50 acres for students training
- MoU with leading Agro based industries for internship
- B.E - Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering Practices Lab
- Crop husbandry lab
- Farm structures lab
- Strength of materials lab
- Irrigation engineering lab
- Post harvest engineering lab
- Food and Dairy process Engineering lab
- Farm power testing lab
- Farm machinery implements lab
- Fluid mechanics lab
- CAD/CAM lab
- Soil science and micro biology
- GIS lab