Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Computer Society of India is the first and largest body of computer professionals in India. It was started on 6 March 1965 by a few computer professionals and has now grown to be the national body representing computer professionals. It has 72 chapters across India, 511 student branches, and 100,000 members.
- The Computer Society of India is a non-profit professional meet to exchange views and information learn and share ideas.
- The wide spectrum of members is committed to the advancement of theory and practice of Computer Engineering and Technology Systems, Science and Engineering, Information Processing and related Arts and Sciences.
- The Society also encourages and assists professionals to maintain integrity and competence of the profession and fosters a sense of partnership amongst members. Besides the activities held at theChapters and Student Branches, the Society also conducts periodic conferences, seminars.
- Through the initiatives of Professor Rangaswamy Narasimhan, the first President, CSI has been in close liaison with International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) since its inception in 1965, when observers from India attended the IFIP Council meeting. Since 1974, when CSI became a member of IFIP, CSI has organized many IFIP sponsored events and was host to the 1978 Council meeting in Bombay and 1988 General Assembly in New Delhi. It represents India in technical committees and working groups of IFIP.
INAUGURATION OF CSI STUDENTS CHAPTER IN MAHENDRA ENGINEERING COLLEGE WAS ON 22nd DECEMBER 2011
Student Member ship
|S.No||Year||No Of Students got professional body membership in CSI|
- Number of Staff in Life membership : 08
- Number of Staff in four year membership : 26
|S.No||Events||Title||Date||Resource Person Name with Address|
|1||Workshop||Software Engineering and Designing Thinking||28.01.2016||Dr.Senthil Jayavel, Associate Professor, School of Computer Engineering, Assistant Director Academics (Systems), Head, Software Development Center, VIT University, Vellore.|
|2||Workshop||Web Development Using PHP and MySQL||05.02.2016||Mr.Prasanna Ramadoss, Senior Software Consultant, RR Donnelley, Chennai.|
|3||Guest Lecture||Software Testing||13.02.2017||Er.R.Ragunathan, Senior Solution Integrator, ERICSSON India Global Services Pvt Ltd, Chennai.|
|4||Seminar||Big Data And Cloud Computing||14.07.2017||Mrs.K.Jeevitha, Technical Lead ,HCL, Chennai.|
|5||Technical Training||Dot Net Programming||17.08.2017 &19.08.2017||Er. Kumaravel Manoharan Senior Software Architect Verizon Data Services India (P) Ltd, Chennai.|
|6||Workshop||Software Testing||24.08.2017||Er.S.Jerome Jesuraj, Software Engineer, Change Pond Technologies Pvt Ltd, OMR –Siruseri ,Chennai.|
|7||Seminar||Internet Of Things||01.09.2017||Mrs.M.Sivasangari, Assistant Professor(Sr.Grade), Sri Ramakrishna Engineering college, Coimbatore.|
|8||Mahendra Alumni Interactive Lecture Series||Micro Services Architecture||15.09.2017||Er. Arthanarisamy .A, Project Manager, i-Exceed Technology Solutions Private Limited, Bangalore.|
|9||Mahendra Alumni Interactive Lecture Series||Programming Essentials in App. Development||20.12.2017||Mrs.Priya.K, Senior Software Engineer, WABCO Pvt Ltd, Chennai.|
|10||Mahendra Alumni Interactive Lecture Series||Career For Engineering Graduates in IT/ITES – Industries||22.12.2017||Er.Jothimurugan.G Technical Consultant, Onward eServices Ltd, Chennai.|
|11||MIT- AU Lecture||Next Generation Networks||26.12.2017||Dr.R.Gunasekaran, Associate Professor, Department Of Computer Technology, Madras Institute of Technology, Anna Univeristy, Chennai.|
|12||Workshop||Software Testing Using Selenium Tool||29.12.2017||Mr.R.Parthasarathy, Software Test Engineer, Astroved.com(p), Ltd, Chennai.|
|13||Mahendra Alumni Interactive Lecture Series||Emerging Methodology not a Technology||25.01.2018||Mrs.T.R.Yamuna, Senior Software Engineer, Soprasteria India LTd, Siruseri, Chennai.|
RAJAGOPALAN, AP/CSE, NIT PUDUCHERRY
|15||SEMIANR||SAP CLOUD PRODUCT
SENIOR DEVELOPER, ERP LOGIC, BANGALORE
|A REST based design for
web of things in smart environments
ASP/CSE, SSN COLLEGE OF ENGG, CHENNAI
|ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE||28.01.19||Dr.M.VINOTH KUMAR, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR,
DAYANANDA SAGAR ACADEMY OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT,
|18||SEMINAR||TECHNOLOGY TRENDS OF 2019||27.02.19||Dr.GANESH NEELAKANTA IYER,
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING,
AMRITA SCHOOL ENGINEERING,
AMRITA VISHWA VIDYAPEETHAM, COIMBATORE
|BALDEV KRISH, ENTREPRENEUR, CTO AT 128 BITS, A2B2 IT SERVICES, PASSIONATE IPV6 TRAINER|