The Department of Mathematics started functioning from 1995. It has been efficiently imparting various mathematical skills to the future engineers with care.
The Department is committed to providing quality education in the field of Engineering Mathematics to meet the needs and challenges of future Engineers and Technologists by motivation and through innovating teaching. It creates an environment in which the students will discover "The Applications of Mathematics in Engineering and Technology".
To impart quality technical education to the students, to expose them to the recent developments, to motivate them towards success and prepare them to face the future challenges with confidence and courage. To encourage students to present Mathematical papers in Symposium and Conferences organized both inside the campus and outside.
- AICTE Sponsored National conference on “APPLICATIONS OF MATHEMATICS IN ENGINEERING, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY” , 23–25 November 2002
- AICTE Sponsored Staff Development Programme “On Mathematical Modeling In Engineering”,17-30 November 2003.
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS PARTICIPATED
- Faculty Training Programme in “Probability and Statistics” conducted by Tamil Nadu College of Engineering Coimbatore, 26–30 December 2005.
- AICTE Staff Development Programme on “Latest Trends and Applications of Probability, Random Variables and Random Processes conducted by Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi, 20-25 March 2006.
- Staff Development Programme conducted by Mahendra Engineering College, 16-18 June 2006.
- CSIR sponsored National Seminar on "Fuzzy Logic Technologies in Industrial Applications" conducted by Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai, 4-6 August 2006.
- AICTE sponsored Staff Development Programme on "Instructional Design and Delivary System" conducted by Mahendra Engineering College, 28 January – 09 February 2008.